Jeff Michael Excavating provides a full range of excavating expertise which includes the following:
- Homeowner excavation services – Although there is nothing glamorous about moving dirt, which is what excavators do, it's not as simple it might seem. Unfortunately, there are excavators who don't realize that either. Hiring one of them could cause you all kinds of problems. We distinguish ourselves in two ways: first, we continually educate ourselves to be the best and most knowledgeable; second, we specialize in small homeowner projects that most excavators prefer not to deal with.
- Drainage expertise – Drainage and water run-off are at the heart of most of what we do. We are so fixated on knowing everything we can about drainage that we go so far as to call it an obsession. It's an obsession that works to your advantage though. Water always wins if it is not properly controlled. It has no conscience and no mercy. It is however predictable to those who understand its ways. That's what we do and why we call ourselves drainage experts.
- Land clearing – We provide the full range of residential and light commercial land clearing. That includes the things you would expect like brush, shrub and tree removal, clearing debris, and sometimes unwanted, unused, or even unsafe structures. We can simply tidy up your property when needed. But because we are excavators, we can also correct flaws in your topography, improve drainage, and/or prepare for additions and new development.
- Pond repair – Perhaps we should call this pond repair done correctly. The amount of shoddy pond construction and repair is astounding. Considering the inconvenience and temporary disruption to the natural beauty of your pond during a repair, it makes sense that you want it done right. We could easily go on a rant about the things we've seen inflicted on pond owners, but let us just help you instead. We'd rather show you how we've helped others than focus on the negative.
- Unpaved driveways and parking lots – We've decidedly avoided doing paving but we do collaborate with concrete contractors on projects where it is needed or wanted. Our specialty is crushed stone driveways, entrances, and parking lots that offer advantages over paving other than the obvious huge cost difference. Like all our other excavation services, the attention to detail is what makes the difference. You'll be very glad you found out about us when we do the project for you.
- Site and street sweeping – There are essentially two ways we provide this service and the fact that we have street sweeping equipment gives you an advantage when excavating on your property. The first method is you can hire us for sweeping as a stand alone service for any project that requires it. The most common use of the service is for our projects when we are working near or up to the street. Any project that puts dirt on the pavement will always be cleaned up.
- Grading – We don't treat grading as just moving dirt around. We are problem solvers. Our approach to grading is to solve your problems. If drainage isn't optimized, we fix it. If the slope of your yard is less than ideal, we solve that problem for you. If your basement is getting wet, there's a good chance the topography around your house is causing or contributing to the problem and we can solve it. When need a problem solver and not just a dirt mover, that's us.